networking question...

Spearow lists at spearow.com
Thu May 26 17:24:27 PDT 2005

say there exist two servers, server0 and server1, both running
dragonfly...

each server has two ethernet ports, em0 and em1...

em0 on each server is connected to the net at 10mbps, and say their
public ip's are 1.2.3.0/24 and 1.2.4.0/24 respectively...

the servers are connected together on their em1's at 1000mbps, and say
their ip's are 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24 respectively...

crappy graph:

internet                                               internet
|                                                      |
em0(1.2.3.0/24)                                        em0 (1.2.4.0/24)
server0-em1(192.168.0.0/24)--------em1(192.168.1.0/24)-server1

say server0 is very busy and its 10mbps connection to the internet is
congested, while server1 doesn't use much bandwidth to the internet...

is it possible to somehow route some of server1's public ip's through
server1 to em1 on server0, so that server0 can make use of server1's
bandwidth? if so, how would this be done? if not, any other
suggestions? i hope it is clear what i am trying to say, networking is
not my area of expertise (i'm sure that is clear) :)