acpi errors

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Thu Mar 17 17:21:21 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 04:00:04PM -0800, Janet Sullivan wrote:
> I just upgraded a box to today's CURRENT.  The dmesg below shows the
> ACPI error messages I'm getting. I wasn't getting them with CURRENT from
> a couple of weeks ago. Any hints?

(looking at
  http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/changes.txt ...
 hey, we're already two versions behind just after the import of
 new ACPICA code!)

Can't be sure without actually looking at the ASL, but there may
have been some regressions in older versions(including 20050211) depending
on your ACPI code. (Un)fortunately I couldn't catch this while testing
the newer version.

>     ACPI-1304: *** Error: Method execution failed [\\MCTH] (Node
> 0xc1061210), AE_AML_BUFFER_LIMIT

Do you have any regressions other than the warning at boot?
If so, can you try the following procedure to see if the newer
version can cope with it?

% cd /sys/contrib/dev
% fetch http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/acpica-unix-20050309.tar.gz
% tar zxf acpica-unix-20050309.tar.gz
% cd /sys/dev/acpica5
% sed -i.bak -e '/^SYSACPICA_VERSION/s/20050211/20050309/' Makefile.inc
% setenv MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX /var/tmp/obj
% make obj && make depend && make && su root -c 'make install'
(you can remove /var/tmp/obj afterwards)

If this doesn't, please send me your ASL code as described in
the section 6.16.1 in this handbook:
  http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~justin/handbook/acpi-debug.html#ACPI-SUBMITDEBUG

and I'll take a look at it over this weekend.

Thanks in advance for cooperation.