PS/2 mouse problem

Nikolaos Damilakis ndamilak at studenti.unina.it
Tue Mar 15 13:19:20 PST 2005

On 13-Ìáñ-2005, Bill Hacker wrote:
> Not if you still mean "Protocol" "ps/2" it aren't....

No my config was exactly like the one you wrote me.  The thing is that the
commands in the rc.config (moused_enable="YES" etc ) dont work and I have to
'moused -p /dev/psm0 -t auto' in the console. With protocol auto the pointer
goes to the right-top side of the screen and pastes like mad. With ps/2 the
behaviour is as I described before.

I have tried things that have prosoped in freebsd lists and also the things
that have said here in this mailing list (for example Matt's advice
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2004-10/msg00145.html) but
nothing.

So what else can I do? The problem must be the psm0 'cause the behavior of the
mouse pointer remains the same using moused (on the console only or in
combination with X) or using X directly. Both moused and X (without moused)
are using the psm0 device. Any ideas? Recompile the kernel with a particular
option?!?

> Try imps/2 as protocol

It doesn't recognise this protocol.

I tried a usb mouse of a friend and it worked fine but I dont want to by a usb
mouse 'cause I have only 2 usb ports and I need the both.

--
Nikos