Emergency Editors (was Stabble Tag move)

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Mon Mar 14 11:07:49 PST 2005

314143152.GA1808 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4235ce71$0$716$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200503141822.j2EIMHWt048570 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matthew Dillon wrote:

*SNIP*

>     We aren't going to do that, it requires bringing too much junk into / that
>     really should remain in /usr, hence the idea of having a small, simple-stupid
>     full screen emergency editor that outputs a limited set of hardwired
>     ANSI escape sequences really appeals to me.
>
> 					-Matt
> 					Matthew Dillon
> 					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I would be happy with no more functionality than in 'ee' or 'pico'.

This is for occasional use only, after all. We all have other choices
for serious work....

Bill