installing extra software

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Thu Jun 30 09:38:12 PDT 2005

[30-Jun-2005 14:35.34 (BST) / Richard Nyberg]
 > I've been trying to install emacs, xorg and firefox on first
 > 1.3-PREVIEW and now on latest HEAD. Unfortunately there always
 > something that doesn't build, or if it does segfaults or aborts.
 > I've tried pkgsrc, ports and packages form www.fortunaty.net.
 >
 > Does anyone have any advice on which version of DragonFly + pkgsrc
 > or ports I could use? How do you install extra software?

gcc 3.4 in the 1.3-* series is not defining __FreeBSD__ which many
ports have references to in the source and the patches.

You might find setting CFLAGS=-D__FreeBSD__ in the environment for
port builds will help, but it's not a perfect permanent solution.

 r.