BSD Installer Technology Preview (2005.0616) Available - please help test

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Jun 17 13:00:43 PDT 2005

Chris Pressey wrote:

http://cvs.bsdinstaller.org/iso-images/dfly-2005.0616-installer-preview.iso.bz2
Hey, that looks great. Good to see you back again, Chris.

- User may load any number of KLDs (kernel modules) before starting
The "Do not load further modules..." item should be at the top of the
list IMHO.

- Primary (BIOS) Partition Editor (no need to run fdisk manually)
It took me a minute to realize that I have to type return in the
"Partition type" field in order for the menu to pop up. Why not open the
menu directly or something like that (it seemed to me as if you can't
type anything there, anyway)?

If I receive positive feedback on this preview, I'd like to move forward
and refine it into the 2.0 version of the BSD Installer.
You should definitely do that. :)

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx