mouse driver

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Tue Jul 12 07:37:10 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:14:44 +0200
Huub <hditvdotniekerkathccnetdotnl at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Look at /etc/defaults/rc.conf for the lines with 'moused'
> > and override any of the values in your /etc/rc.conf file
> > until you get a working cursor in a pseudoterminal.
> > (man moused)
> My rc.conf was empty after installation and there's no moused in it now.
> Any advise on settings before I start try-and-error?

There's /etc/defaults/rc.conf, everything you want to override goes
into /etc/rc.conf. So look at /etc/defaults/rc.conf, and then add
something like
----snip
moused_enable="YES"      # Run the mouse daemon.
moused_flags="-z 4"
moused_port="/dev/psm0"  # this is the PS/2 port
moused_type="auto"       # should work for all PS/2 mice
---snip

to /etc/rc.conf

As a side note to my earlier post reg. "-z 4"  vs. "-z 5": Now, for
whatever reason, it works with "-z 4" again... So it was probably a
fault on my side.

-hwh