bus_alloc_resource fails for AVM ISDN B1 card

Joerg Anslik joerg at anslik.de
Thu Jan 27 11:47:08 PST 2005

Hi,

I just installed an AVM ISDN B1 (active) ISDN adapter, changed kernel
conf, etc.pp. and get this during reboot:

----------
iavc0: <AVM B1 PCI> port 0x9400-0x941f,0x9000-0x903f irq 10 at device
6.0 on pci1
iavc0: can't allocate memory region
device_probe_and_attach: iavc0 attach returned 6
----------

So the card itself is recognized, but the "bus_alloc_resource()" call
following the detection fails (from net/i4b/capi/iavc_pci.c):

[...]
    /* use the memory mapped DMA controller */

    sc->sc_resources.mem_rid = 0x10;

    if (!(sc->sc_resources.mem =
         bus_alloc_resource(dev, SYS_RES_MEMORY,
                            &sc->sc_resources.mem_rid,
                            0UL, ~0UL, 1, RF_ACTIVE))) {
        printf("iavc%d: can't allocate memory region\n", unit);
        return(ENXIO);
    }
[...]

I can't see what's wrong here, since the call looks like similar calls
I found in other PCI sources I looked at when I tried to track this
down.

I someone could give me a hint on this topic, I'd really appreciate
that!

Tnx

--j