Cannot compile samba

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 26 15:39:11 PST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Andreas Kohn wrote:

> Try make rmconfig (see ports(7)).
> The ports framework stores the settings from the configuration menu in
> a file IIRC somewhere under /var (/var/db/ports ?). make rmconfig is
> supposed to clear this file, so that the next make will show the menu
> again.

Thanks!  I was just trying to remember where the info was stored.

I could not find rmconfig, but I did find the appropriate file in
/var/db/ports/<portname>/options and if you delete that file you
should be able to configure the options when you re-compile the
port.

I wonder what happened to rmconfig?