linuxpluginwrapper, how to install?

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Fri Jan 21 20:05:32 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 08:51:42PM +0100, Bartek Stalewski wrote:
> Guillermo Garcia Rojas wrote:
> >What if I rebuild the world? The file that is patched is overwritten? Will
> >I lost the plug-in?
> >
> >I upgrade or rebuild my box every week, with the new changes obviously.
> If so, just make something like automatic patching after a buildworld ;-)

If you're using cvs command to update your source tree from the
CVS repository, you don't need to do anything other than
$ cd /usr/src && cvs up -dP
unless you see a line beginning with a "C ". If you're using cvsup command
in checkout mode (that is, you have "tag=" line in your supfile),
$ rm -rf /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf
$ cvsup dfly-supfile
$ zcat ~/libmap_dfly.diff.gz | patch -d /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf

Of course, you're not going to have to do this if libmap support
is committed to the tree, but that depends on whether Matt and
other main developers like it.

By the way, I updated the libmap patch to synchronize with FreeBSD-current
version and contain Shigemura-san's dlsym(3) hook patch available at
    http://people.FreeBSD.org/~nork/rtld_dlsym_hack.diff