Dragonflybsd Presentation

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Tue Feb 22 07:37:12 PST 2005

Eduardo Tongson wrote:

UPDATED

http://spunge.org/~glassjaw/dfly.pdf
size: 133337 bytes
After all the suggestions, corrections and comments
I hope I didn't fuct up somewhere.
but as usual corrections are very welcome
DragonFlyBSD community thank you very much...

--
Eduardo Tongson
This is coming 'late in the game', and not a correction, but page two:

- Would it be advantageous, since you do list Slowlaris, to also
position the threading model of a couple of other still-prominent UNIX
variants?

AIX5-L in particular, plus perhaps HP-UX / True64.

I think it would show DragonFly's goal-model very favorably vs legacy
'Big Iron'.

Page 11.

I *shudder* when I see the word 'distro', as it implies Linanarchy -
where items seem to be collected on the whim of any of 200+ entities.

The BSD's have traditionally been more of a 'whole' system, where
everything needed is there, tested at soem point in time, and proven to
work together.

Despite code changes and a tilt toward binary vs source dissemination, I
have seen no departure from that proven model.

Can a word be found that better reflects BSD-style cohesiveness?
'Releases' comes first to my mind....

Page 12.

Any way to juggle that so as to sqeeze in an extra half-line spacing
between the rows?  Very eye-confusing as it is now.
Optionally - put in a descriptor of what each one is, take an extra page
or two if need be...

Just my HKD .02

Best,

Bill Hacker