Backporting DFly patches to FreeBSD?

Atte Peltomaki koston at iki.fi
Mon Feb 21 00:40:21 PST 2005

> DFly has an important improvement to /boot/loader which really should
> be applied to the FreeBSD source tree.  I have no credibility with the
> FBSD project, but some of you folks do.
>
> Is there someone here who could lobby the FBSD developers to apply our
> patch to their sources?

I have followed some discussions about the subject with fbsd committers.
It seems they are definetely interested in dfly, but mostly they want to
wait and see how the choices dfly has made will pay up.

Personally I am expecting to see some major backporting once dfly
matures :-)

--
Atte Peltomäki
http://kameli.org