xl device doesn't work with ACPI enabled under -current and -stable

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Feb 3 10:40:33 PST 2005

:On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 12:40:40AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
:> Hmm, I have no idea other than backing out the commit.
:
:I told you before, the problem is not the commit. This is a problem
:which just was hidden before. I'm not exactly sure why ACPI produces
:an interrupt storm here.
:
:Those of you experiencing this problem, is the ACPI interrupt shared
:with PCI devices?
:
:Joerg

    Well, ok, but there's got to be some fundamental issue here that we
    are missing, because that patch was utterly trivial.  Shouldn't
    the code path be the same between the old PCIB_ROUTE_INTERRUPT and
    the new PCI_ROUTE_INTERRUPT ?  Or is it that it wasn't doing
    anything at all before and now it is trying to actually change the
    interrupt route from the default?  That's what I don't get.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>