net-snmp port

Janet Sullivan ciscogeek at bgp4.net
Fri Feb 25 06:45:21 PST 2005

Stop in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/net-snmp/work/net-snmp-5.2.1.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/net-mgmt/net-snmp.

Greetings:

   This port does not build for me either, so you are not alone. Since it
was a dependency for something else and I really didn't need it I
commented out the option in the other build's Makefile and moved on.
Bummer.  At least I know its not just me.  After my sendmail fun tonight
I wasn't too sure. <laugh>

Maybe its because I come from a networking device world (routers,
switches, etc) but having snmp on a system is something I really like to
have.  Making pretty MRTG graphs to monitor things makes me happy.  <laugh>