getroot script

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Feb 24 13:58:28 PST 2005

:Janet Sullivan wrote:
:> I notice that the /etc/named/getroot script will fetch root.zone into
:> whatever directory the script is run from.  Wouldn't it be better to
:> have it fetch the file into /etc/named?
:>
:> I caught this when I put a line in my crontab to run /etc/named/getroot
:> weekly - I noticed the file in /etc/named wasn't getting updated.  Doh.
:>
:
:(My fix was to just have getroot cd into /etc/namedb before running fetch.)

    Normally I would say, well, it's better for the program to be generic
    so you can use it generically, and put a CD in your cronjob line,
    but since someone has actually made this mistake I think it's better to
    make the script do the CD.

    I will apply your change.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>