Backporting DFly patches to FreeBSD?

David Rhodus sdrhodus at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:39:15 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:07:54 -0800, walt <wa1ter at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DFly has an important improvement to /boot/loader which really should
> be applied to the FreeBSD source tree.  I have no credibility with the
> FBSD project, but some of you folks do.
>
> Is there someone here who could lobby the FBSD developers to apply our
> patch to their sources?
>
> Thanks.

There have been so many major and minor developments in DFly that
looking at any one item, such as the boot code, for back port into
fbsd has become a moot point.

One taking note from reading previous posts to the fbsd lists by
various users talking about misc. advancements in DFly, and questions
are asked about back porting the changes into fbsd has never ended
well.  Always due to hostility from the fbsd developers to the
person(s) asking the question.

The changes have also been brought up to their attention and have been
available in cvs for anyone to use for what ever cause.

I'm sure this has to be the reason for asking the question in the
first place.  Our boot code is still compatible for any current
FreeBSD users that would like to switch over to DragonFly, hence no
need to back port the changes.

--
                                            -David
                                            Steven David Rhodus