Fwd: How do I instal Dragonfly BSD from a hard drive - rather than CD?

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sat Dec 17 13:21:27 PST 2005

Martin P. Hellwig wrote:

Emiel Kollof wrote:

Hi guys,

Forwarded to the users list (The forwarded post is below) and also a
funny for you guys to miss. It nearly made me choke on my morning
coffee. This guy owes me a new keyboard because coffee | nose > keyboard.

Thank you a lot Emiel ... so ... anybody got a good idea how to get that
caffeine beverage out of your laptop, my hard drive is making slurpy
noises ;-)

Heck for this reason alone I'll bite ;)
<cut>

I may still have a copy of 'drain' somewhere- IYR, the 'virus' that
flashed a 'water detected in your disk drive' , and the washing-machine
spin-cycle sound effects that followed...
W/R cleaning keyboards:

- Scrub down with a clean paintbrush, household spray cleaner such as
409, Windex.
  Look for 'non-ionic surfactents' on the label, etc. - ammonia and
phosphoric acid not really friendly here.

- rinse under HOT water.

- while still warm, rinse with isopropanol (a dehydrating solvent to
help get water and any ionic salts out).
Rubbing-alcohol from the pharmacy will do, even though it is mostly water.

- shake well or spin to get fluids out of crevices.

- dry with a hair-dryer set on low/medium temp, and/or a vacuum-cleaner.
 Lots of time required here.

Important to get REALLY dry, as any residual moisture trapped where
current flows can etch conductors and confuse circuitry.

Hasn't failed me since pre-IBM PC days, so long as it was done before
any spilled liquid damaged circuitry.

Bill Hacker