DP performance

Danial Thom danial_thom at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 10 09:00:40 PST 2005

Perhaps I have a stake in one of the "beta
quality OSes" (FreeBSD 5.x+, Dragonfly, etc)
actually becoming useful? Its very frustrating to
see a strong solid OS with a strong management
team fragment into a bunch of mini-teams, none of
which have a wide-enough range of expertise to be
ultimately successful.

You obvioulsy have no-one on your "Team" than is
strong in networking, because you don't even have
the ability to understand the issues
(apparently), much less come up with viable
solutions. If the performance of Makeworld is
your criteria, and you have no large network
exposure (since you are in denial of packet loss
and think that flow controlling a loaded gigE
switch is a "solution"), I don't see  how there
is any chance for success beyond a being a "neat
desktop OS".

I'm feeling a bit like Charlton Heston in "The
Planet of the Apes" here.

Long Live Matt! Long Live Matt!