Overall usability in 1.4?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Dec 7 10:54:06 PST 2005

:Hi all,
:
:the timer problems I was having with DFly forced me to install and use FBSD
:5.4 to get some things done.  Blech.  I see though that Matt seems to have
:tracked the problem down, and that means I'm ready to return to the fold.
:Nice going Matt!  And thanks, Stefan, for helping pinpoint the issue.
:
:I fooled around a bit with pkgsrc before wiping out DFly, but I need to make
:sure of a couple of things, to the degree possible.  Do we prefer xorg or
:XFree86 these days?  Does the installation run pretty cleanly?  I remember
:with the old dfports system I always had issues.
:
:Also, how can I check which ports are working well?  I need Firefox, which is
:pretty common, but sbcl Lisp might not be.
:
:Jonathon McKitrick

    I don't know if its the same problem, have your timer issues gone away
    with the recent fixes?

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>