Timer issues

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Dec 5 17:59:27 PST 2005

::first compile src/test/stress/eattls.c and then run the executable 10
::times (could be less, but I did it w/ 10)
::
::#!/bin/sh
::
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::./eattls &
::
::my clock was out of sync after a few secs
::
::hope this helps
::
::SK

    I found the problem.  A bug in the interrupt code required the MP
    lock to be held to process FAST interrupts that were delayed due to
    a critical section.  This resulted in the clock interrupt getting hung
    up on a cpu.

    In this case the issue is primarily related to old code in splz and
    doiret.  I will commit a fix (to basically just remove the old code).

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>