why do you use DragonFly? (writing an article)

Yiorgos Adamopoulos adamo at central.tee.gr
Mon Dec 5 02:32:30 PST 2005

On 2005-12-01, Jeremy C. Reed <reed at xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why do you use DragonFly?

Actually we started using DragonFly because all the other BSDs refused to
install on a Siemens Primergy RX200 server.  Contrary to the other three, it
liked to talk to the LSI Logic SCSI controller that this machine has.

> What did you use before DragonFly?

Our original goal was to run OpenBSD.

> What primary software do you use on DragonFly?

PF and ipaudit

> What features or support are you looking forward to?

We want something that changes more frequently than the stable version of
OpenBSD and is easer to upgrade from source.  That is why we are tracking
Preview.  I would like to see (but do not care that it's not there) a version
of Apache 1.x in the base system (just like OpenBSD does) but since it's in the
pkgsrc system, no problem.

Now if we can get Oracle to support DragonFly natively... :-)
--
#include <std/disclaimer.h> /* Yiorgos Adamopoulos */