Good news for pkgsrc fans

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Mon Aug 1 11:47:51 PDT 2005

Marcin Jessa wrote:
Hi.

Isn't it what pkg_chk does but with less hassle?
That's like saying, "A girlfriend does what a wife does
but with less hassle!"  ;o)
I'm excited that the developer has the same complaints
about pkg_chk that I do -- so I expect he will gradually
add improvements that will make my life easier.
I just finished emailing the developer because I got the
same error or both NetBSD and DFly when trying to install
his pkgmanager package.  AFAICT it's a brand new project,
so bugs are inevitable.
I'm willing to wait for fixes -- happily!