Release tag & "Re: HEADS UP! Upcoming work in HEAD and other events!"

Raphael Marmier raphael at marmier.net
Tue Apr 26 09:42:20 PDT 2005

Appart from security/important fixes, nothing will ever go to RELEASE.

The work done in HEAD will go to PREVIEW, then with time will become a
_NEW_ release.

Each release has its own branch of code in cvs.

Raphael

Jurij Kovacic wrote:
Hello!

It is my understanding that work currently being done in HEAD will
eventually be commited to the RELEASE tag.

Since we are tracking DragonFly RELEASE on one of our production servers
I am concerned that at some time in the future I would need to recompile
all the installed ports after a system upgrade - is this really the
case? And if so, when can we expect this?

Even though I KNOW this probably is a BAD idea - would a sym-link

libc.so.4 -> libc.so.5

fix the problem? This temporary measure would give us enough time to
rebuild the ports in all jails as we cannot afford any downtime.

Keep up the bood work!

Jurij Kovacic