Newbie on this list - with a first question :)

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Apr 25 11:01:59 PDT 2005

> 1, Is this the right place to ask this type of question? If not, please
> forgive my off-topic mail, it won't happen again

This is fine - there's also a mailing list on GoBSD.com that is a bit more
specific.  I think the same people generally read each.

> 2, If it is, have someone had success building gtk2 from pkgsrc? At this
> time it's v2.6.7. I've seen some Makefile
> patches, for older versions, tried to apply some schemas from them, with
> no success. It's probably that I'm too lame
> for complex makefiles...

There are prebuilt packages on gobsd.com, though it's not the most recent
version:

http://www.gobsd.com/pkgsrc-2005.1/All/gtk2+-2.6.4nb1.tgz

pkg_add the above url (be sure to use the pkgsrc pkg_add, not the FreeBSD
ports pkg_add!) and it may have you covered.