New Release

justin at shiningsilence.com justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Apr 14 07:35:46 PDT 2005

> I see no mention of amd64 in the release notes
> but some mention of it elsewhere. Is this
> planned? If so in what time frame?

It's planned, but the system is going through rapid changes right now.
It'll be easier to support other processor architectures once the other
system features are settled - otherwise, people would be building things
several times over.

There's a FAQ entry that says essentially this.  It's the same answer for
things like PowerPC or, say, Sparc, ARM, etc.  I think an ARM port would
be neat, as there seems to be more small devices these days using that
CPU.