Sendmail on installer CD

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Mon Apr 11 15:35:58 PDT 2005

Jonas Sundström wrote:
Is there a reason for Sendmail being enabled on the installer CD?
Yes: the base system needs an MTA. And since ours is maintained by
gshapiro (afaicr he has commit access right?) it's not stale and/or
insecure, although personal preference may vary.

If you don't like sendmail, use something else. The ports and pkgsrc
systems are chock full of stuff you can use instead of sendmail :)

Cheers,
Emiel
(PS: I happen to like sendmail, but hey, I'm a pedantic old git (well,
kinda) when it comes to my favourite MTA).