Oops. Fried a motherboard :-)

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 24 14:50:11 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:>     Ok, here's a joke:  What happens when you stuff a Pentium 4 cube with
:>     two hard drives and an Intel Pro/1000 (em0) ethernet card, with an
:>     accidently disconnected main exhaust fan, and then run cpu-bound
:>     programs?
:
:>     Answer: One deep-fried ethernet card, and one semi-fried motherboard.
:
:  Interesting. I'm running a similar experiment myself, except in my case
:it's a graphics card fan that is about to break down.  Shall I report the
:results to the list?  :-)
:
:Magnus
    Oops.  Now its a dead motherboard :-).  Oh well, I didn't like that P4
    cube anyway.
How about a picture of the victim and beginning a DF post mortem gallery
site ;-)

--
mph