a little (folish?) idea

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 14 11:27:20 PDT 2004

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
<cut>
That's kind of what Reiser implemented in reiser4. I don't like the idea
because it places a lot of burden on the system.

Well that would be the administrative tasks, the real challenge would be
to create a certain framework which makes this possible.

The opposite direction, moving all the stuff into a tree and querying that
has been taken in the past multiple times. Good examples are supposedly
netinfo (from Next/MacOSX) and LDAP. Bad examples include the Windows
registry.
Thank you for your reply/time, I wonder if there would be a other more
elegant way to notify a program when a certain (text)file is changed.
Doing it the way that it happens immediately but without burden on the
system, or is this a technical paradox?

--
mph