Mouse problems

M. Schatzl lists at neuronenwerk.de
Wed Oct 20 16:25:29 PDT 2004

Same with me. I have a plain 2-button scrollwheel mouse, too. I had a
not so old XF86Config which used to work well with Linux. But there
was no way to get the mouse moving. Moused, btw, worked as expected.

/Markus

Douwe Kiela wrote:
Hey guys,

I just installed DragonFly-Stable from 20041009, and finally after some
trouble I managed to install it. The trouble was with the CD-rom.. I have
two CD-rom drives, the slave is a CDRW, pretty new thing, the master is a
normal CD drive. The error I get is: "cd0: Attempt to query device size
failed: NOT READY, Medium not present". Any ideas on this?
Anyway, the problem is that I can't get my mouse to work. I installed
XFree86 and used xf86config to configure the mouse. I used to run NetBSD on
this box and the mouse worked fine over there so I figured it'd be fine.
However the mouse is the only thing that doesn't work, the rest works fine.
I set the mouse device to point to /dev/sysmouse and tried several mouse
protocols (it's a simple Logitech PS/2 mouse with scrolling wheel), but
nothing would work. Am I missing something here or is there something wrong
with DragonFly?
Regards,
Douwe