Logitech USB Keyboard/Mouse problems and fix

Roland Hammerle romendo at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 04:29:59 PDT 2004

Andreas Hauser wrote:

> romendo wrote @ Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:48:52 +0200:
>
>> Matt, I downloaded a FreeBSD live CD from February this year. I think it
>> is version 5.2. They say they will have 5.3 soon. It has the same
>> stuttering issue. When I type "du" and a quick space then I get "du u". I
>> could repeat it consistently on FreeBSD and on DragonFly.
>
> And i thought that keyboard (keysonic) was brocken.
> It's as you describe a fast typing (like a space) will repeat keys.
>
> On a 5.3-BETA7 this is gone.
>
> Andy

Andy, before I read your message I installed 5.3-BETA7 and - as you say - it
is gone! I hosed my DragonFly install (weird) but I am back now. Maybe it
is worth it to bring in some changes.

One thing I noticed is that the 5.2.1 live CD recognizes my keyboard at the
boot prompt. No such luck on FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7. So I can't use my arrow and
enter keys to select anything at the Daemon prompt. In DragonFly it works
fine, too.

-- Roland