ASCII art boot menu is slow?

Mark Cullen mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 20 09:46:43 PDT 2004

Alright well I don't actually have DF installed on my laptop any more as
I was running out of disk space sadly (I'm sitting here thinking about
taking 5.x off my home server, as it just seems to be acting like a
giant pain, and sticking DF on it though)

You all know what I am talking about when I say the ASCII art boot menu
part? Well on 5.x on my laptop that part blinks onto the screen nice and
quick. However I did notice that on DF its really slow and it does it
like... it wipes onto the screen from top to bottom line by line. I was
just curious as to why this is? Not a show-stopper or anything :)

Thanks!