firewalls

Mark Cullen mark.cullen at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 20 13:46:15 PDT 2004

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On 20.10.2004, at 19:46, Mark Cullen wrote:

I'm going to install it on a spare machine and see if I can set it up
how my home server is running now. Another quickie (this one does
matter somewhat though) .. it seems you're using IPFW2, is the plan to
keep this around or are you going to be 'migrating' to pf or
something? I like IPFW2 :)

i think the ultimate goal is to convert all firewalls to pfil, maybe
even ditching all but one (IIRC Matt said something like that), but
those ditched would certainly be available as packages. But it's a long
way till then, so don't expect any big change in the next half year or
so.

cheers
   simon
Alight. It just took me long enough to learn the basic ins and outs of
IPFW/2 and I have it set up and working nicely on FreeBSD that's all.
Just so long as it'll still be about for a good while, I likely won't
have the motivation to move to something new for quite a long time!

Thanks!

--
Internet Explorer? Try FireFox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Outlook Express? Try ThunderBird at