Is there a way to install DragonFly via network (w/o CD) ?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Oct 14 19:58:49 PDT 2004

    Ok Scott, I've made the necessary changes, slapped together the necessary
    dhcpd/tftp/nfs config on a test box, and tested exporting the CD image
    via NFS for pxeboot purposes.  I also made /usr/local/etc an MFS mount
    to potentially make your job easier in constructing the menu option.

    pxeboot is able to boot into a login prompt now.  I'm putting the ball
    in your court!

    Thanks to Simon for noting that NFS_ROOT should be sufficient... and it
    was, after I fixed a few issues (not having to require a valid gateway)
    in the NFS code.

    And I would like to congratulate the installer team yet again!  I thought
    I was going to have to suggest that we make the installer work from a
    pxebooted client as a warm-up to the new options.  But, well, actually
    it seems it already *DOES* work from a pxebooted client :-).  I didn't
    have to touch a thing.  I just logged in as 'installer' and it worked!
    Wow!