compiling-optimizing dfly

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sat Nov 27 07:58:04 PST 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 buszhet2001 at xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> can we compiling & optimizing dfly with best FLAGS,
> ex : with -march=some_arch -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

The standard compiler in DFly is gcc 2.95.4 which does not
accept the -march flag, but you can use the experimental
gcc34 if you want, which is also included.

For example I have these two lines in /etc/make.conf:
CCVER ?= gcc34
CPUTYPE=athlon-xp  [this also sets -march automatically]

The gcc34 is not 'officially' supported but it actually
works very well for me.