dragonfly livecd

adrian fu at fu-labs.com
Mon Nov 22 19:54:50 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

    Also note that our installer is in fact a customization of the base
    live CD.  If you look at /usr/src/nrelease/Makefile you will note
    that the installer is built like this:
    INSTALLER_ENV= EXTRA_PACKAGES="${INSTALLER_PKGS}" \
		    EXTRA_ROOTSKELS="${INSTALLER_SKELS}"
    installer_release:
		    ${INSTALLER_ENV} ${MAKE} release
    e.g. the installer target just makes the normal release target with
    EXTRA_PACKAGES and EXTRA_ROOTSKELS to specify the additional packages
    and the root filesystem override directory.  The installer's skeleton
    root filesystem override is in /usr/src/nrelease/installer.
    It's definitely a few coasters but once you've played with it for a while
    building a customized ISO is *really* easy.
					-Matt

I really like the installer , there are a couple bells and whistles I
would like to add , or help add , who is currently maintaining it/
working on it ?
I`ve done a couple one off hacked up one off installers for various
deployments of BSD and Linux. so I`ve already made some of the good
mistakes. I have hundreds of coasters.

adrian