Building Xorg 6.8.1?

Andreas Hauser andy at splashground.de
Fri Nov 5 18:41:18 PST 2004

sdrhodus wrote @ Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:35:23 -0500:

> Here is the patch set we've been working on.  Hopefully this will be
> committed into the Xorg tree before the code freeze to get ready for
> the 6.8.2 release starts.
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~drhodus/xorg-dragonfly.tar.gz

Might i ask who that we is ?

If it the same persons that reworked my initial submission of 6.7.0
i would like to express my awkwardness at not having seen the rework
before Joerg committed it with attribution of being based on my work.
The rework seemed to be a merge of my old stuff and the freebsd port.

Same for Joerg trying to submit an outdated version of DragonFly.cf
to x.org without even so much as CCing me but bringing my name in.
Had he asked me i could have told him that the DragonFly.cf
will not work with xorg HEAD at that point.

Noone ever mentioned my work was based on the FreeBSD XFree86 4.3
port or that for some parts of your port i have not had the least to do.

If you don't communicate with people you will miss their further
developements, get your attributions wrong and thus alienate people.

I feel reminded of matt's reaction hearing the first time about gobsd,
which btw. is quoted when it comes to the question of the creditability
of gobsd.

If you want to do work on your own and rip out how you feel it
from others works that's OK, that's BSD, but not communicating with
the other involved parts, will alienate people.

This is the first time i notice you are involved with X.org
since you asked on IRC if someone can port it and me saying yes,
like 5 month ago.

Andy