Looking at a workstation solution.

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 2 08:03:45 PST 2004

<cut>
ive tried freebsd 5.2.1 and its kind of slow.  how does dragonfly compare?
how does it compare (in speed) to a linux 2.6.8 workstation.
<cut>
Try the 5.3 RC2, its quicker because allmost all debug flags have been
removed.

That sounds like a really bad idea from the perspective that FreeBSD
was just making a release but pulled back due to a large number of
major problems with the system.  DragonFly should be considered a much
more reliable and stable solution at this point in time.
I agree, my comment was more oriantated in the way that it is unfair to
not use FreeBSD because of its slughissnes in respective that it was
full of debug flags, I would prefer DragonFly on my systems too, but I
switched back to FreeBSD 5 because I needed the ath driver for my laptop
(couldn't get it running with ndis). I btw have not noticed any
instability with the RC1 and RC2 that makes it unsuitable for
workstation use, still won't use it for my mail server though (which is
in the planning to upgrade it form FBSD 4-10 to DF).

--
mph