doxygen comments

Max Okumoto okumoto at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 7 23:53:46 PST 2004

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
On Tuesday, 7. December 2004 20:43, Max Okumoto wrote:

Does anyone have opinions about doxygen style comments?  Would
help document the APIs and libraries?

i'm not particularly sure if it would a) help and b) make stuff more readable
at the moment we have some files and/or functions documented by comments.
these could be used. but it does scatter information more in the system. we
got a fine set of manual pages (sect 2, 3, 9) and doing doxy means either

list1:
a) drop man and just do doxy or
b) duplicate documentation work
but i'd really like to see (at least important) interfaces (in the kernel) to
be documented in a way that a clever editor could use to show arguments (ok,
there might exist something based on header files) with comments etc (that
for sure doesn't exist yet). so attaching information to the interfaces would
be great, we just should pay attention not to [goto list1].

cheers
  simon
Actually, doxygen generates man pages.

			Max