What tool to edit man pages?

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Thu Dec 23 18:09:19 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:26:42PM +0000, Liam J Foy wrote:
: On Thu(23)/Dec/04 - , Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
: >
: > If I'd like to clean up some man pages, what is the tool to use?  They are
: > in a special format, right?
: >
: > Jonathon
: > --
: > The beaten path is for the beaten man.
: There is no 'special' tool for which I know of. I would just use
: your favourite text editor. There is much work to do on the manpages,
: such as removing whitespace etc.

Aren't they in troff/nroff/groff format or something like that?

Jonathon
--
The beaten path is for the beaten man.