Getting tired of 5.3

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Thu Dec 23 13:35:56 PST 2004

On December 23, 2004 01:32 pm, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:08:25PM -0800, walt wrote:
> : To set the record straight -- I updated my FreeBSD-current machine
> : (which I haven't done for awhile) and noticed that SCHED_ULE is
> : no longer the default (so I changed that) and there is a new
> : option (PREEMPTION) which I added.

> What is the default schedule option?  So you set it back to SCHED_ULE
> with PREEMPTION?

For the 5.3 release, SCHED_ULE was marked broken, and SCHED_4BSD was
made the default.

In -CURRENT, SCHED_ULE is not marked broken, but SCHED_4BSD is still the
default.

There are patches and instructions floating around the -current and
-stable mailing list for backporting fixes needed to enable SCHED_ULE
on 5.3.  This is not a supported configuration, though.  It might be
for 5.4, but that's still a few months down the road.
--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]