Can't get CDROM to boot, even with SmartBoot

John Duncan agley at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 21 20:58:00 PST 2004

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 (snip)

> acd0: CD-RW <LITE-ON LTR-52246S> at ata0-slave PIO4

   Hi,
       Can't try this at master can you ? I had a set-up a while ago
       that had problems booting from a slave CD drive. I haven't used a
       live CD so don't know if the booting code is different.

          I did an FTP install of FreeBSD 4.10 and converted from that
          without any real problem;if you really get stuck.

                               All the best,
                                   John Duncan