[DragonFlyBSD - Submit #1742] (Closed) PAT support

bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sat Nov 27 08:38:07 PST 2021

Issue #1742 has been updated by tuxillo.

Status changed from New to Closed
Assignee set to aoiko
% Done changed from 0 to 100

We no longer suupport i386.

As for the x86_64 part, it was reworked and committed here: commit:b524ca7607a8319b610d7c73eb8152adcb542c05

Submit #1742: PAT support
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/1742#change-14211

* Author: aoiko
* Assignee: aoiko
* Target version: 6.2
Here's a patch for Page Attribute Table support I ported from FreeBSD
quite a while back. I'm sending it to submit@ in case someone will get
interested and deal w/ the cpu identification part (probably integrating
the FreeBSD code for that too) so we can integrate it. It will get used
more and more in new code and will significantly help porting.

As you'll notice in pmap_init_pat()

+#ifdef notyet
+       if (cpu_vendor_id != CPU_VENDOR_INTEL ||
+           (I386_CPU_FAMILY(cpu_id) == 6 && I386_CPU_MODEL(cpu_id) >=
0xe)) {
+#else
+       if (!0) {
+#endif

so we need at least I386_CPU_{FAMILY,MODEL} (to be found in
i386/include/specialreg.h) and having the companion code would be nice
too (ISTR it was straightforward but not trivial, not sure if I remember
correctly now. Looks trivial enough :/)

I *have* tried using the PMAP in mxge(4) so I don't think you'll get any
panics ;)

Aggelos

PAT-1.patch (12.9 KB)

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/my/account