[DragonFlyBSD - Submit #3125] (New) periodic: Sync with FreeBSD

bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Thu Mar 8 20:17:41 PST 2018

Issue #3125 has been reported by liweitianux.

Submit #3125: periodic: Sync with FreeBSD
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/3125

* Author: liweitianux
* Assignee:
* Category: Userland
* Target version:
Hello,

Here I propose the patches to sync our periodic utility with FreeBSD (current at 2018-03-07).  The patches are on my branch at GitHub:

https://github.com/liweitianux/dragonflybsd/tree/periodic

and consists of the following 5 commits:

* periodic(8): Sync with FreeBSD current
* periodic: Remove already disabled monthly statistics report
* periodic: Remove obsolete daily/status-named and weekly/clean-kvmdb
* rc.d/accounting: Sync with FreeBSD
* periodic: Sync with FreeBSD current

I have tested my patches with a full rebuild and install, and tested "periodic {daily,weekly,monthly}" without problems.

But note that our "weekly/330.catman" has permission problems when enabled, while FreeBSD has already removed catman(1).

Thanks for reviewing and merging my patches.

Best regards,
Aaron

To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/my/account