[DragonFlyBSD - Submit #3031] Update drm/radeon to Linux 4.7.10 as much as possible

bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Sat Jun 3 02:25:53 PDT 2017

Issue #3031 has been updated by mneumann.

ftigeot wrote:
> This update unfortunately breaks X11 on at least one system.
>
> Hardware is based on:
> drm0: <Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290]> on vgapci0
>
> Starting X with no special directives in xorg.conf gives a black screen, and the computer then needs to be hard reset.

It works now as of commit http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/62dc643ef61b347c4c2e60ad9ea68dd766741c90 (and http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/7d829069c0009b901fc3cac433685334a793947f).

I need drm.radeon.audio=0 in /boot/loader.conf, otherwise "kldload radeonkms" will fail with a blank screen.
Also I need to "kldload radeonkms" before starting Xorg, otherwise chrome won't work (I have radeonkms_load="YES" in /etc/rc.conf). WebGL works out of the box, but chrome does show some artifacts, e.g. when I resize the window.

Great work! I think we can close the issue.

Submit #3031: Update drm/radeon to Linux 4.7.10 as much as possible
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/3031#change-13155