[DragonFlyBSD - Submit #2791] (In Progress) Float exception with vi

bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org bugtracker-admin at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Wed Jun 3 14:57:32 PDT 2015

Issue #2791 has been updated by vadaszi.

Status changed from New to In Progress

It would be nice, if the default values for row and col wouldn't be duplicated by this change.
The errno variable should be explicitly set to 0 before calling strtol, when you want to check errno != 0 afterwards.
Also we it would make sense to fallback to default values when negative values are given for COLUMNS or LINES.

Note that there are a few other places which call getenv("LINES") or getenv("COLUMNS") throughout nvi, which .
As an alternative instead of silently falling back to default values, it might make sense to abort vi with an error message, if we would crash anyway afterwards.

Note that there is an active upstream project for DragonFly's vi: <https://github.com/lichray/nvi2>, which might be a better place to submit and discuss this change.

Submit #2791: Float exception with vi
http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/2791#change-12663