ukbd patch

Magliano Andrea masterblaster at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 25 00:08:11 PST 2011

Hi all,

as i am new to kernel drivers, i suppose (just looking at usbd_get_quirks() prototype) that the quirk for usb keyboard was set the wrong way.
I don't even know if the quirk is needed at all, as no device is marked with UQ_NO_SET_PROTO ...

Without this patch uhci driver doesn't generate an interrupt when Fn key is pressed on Apple usb keyboard (it took me days to realize this...).

I just want to map Fn key to 'insert' keycode. For that it's than enough to set ukbd_trtab[1]=102 in ukbd.c ,but i don't know if to hardcode this violates any standard. Does it?

Thanks!
0001-set-usb-quirk-the-right-way.patch