[issue1983] Moving pkg_radd, pkg_search config to different location

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Tue Feb 8 21:15:09 PST 2011

On Tue, February 8, 2011 11:32 pm, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

> Then instead of using /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf, we use $PKG_SYSCONFDIR/mk.conf
> in there, with $PKG_SYSCONFDIR being set to /usr/pkg/etc by default.
>
> If a person is using a different location for their pkgsrc install,
> they're probably setting those different variables already just to be able
> to reach the files.

After thinking about it, even if all these things came to pass and mk.conf
wasn't found, BINPKG_SITES would still be set by

: ${BINPKG_BASE:=http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/packages}

So this problem situation wouldn't arise, but BINPKG_SITES would still be
set in one location within pkgsrc files.