dma(8): Fix race condition in multi-recipient delivery

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Jul 19 16:29:37 PDT 2009

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     I believe flock() behaves more rationally.
:
:Yah, I simply went and re-opened the file instead of using locks.  I also
:have a new queueing code in the works that will get rid of this problem
:entirely.
:
:cheers
:   simon

    The last time I looked at the code I also noticed that the file
    descriptors were getting spammed by the fork()... that the children
    would inherit the parent's entire fd set, even open fd's related
    to queue files other then the one the child is supposed to
    process.
Yes, I'm working on all that.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low CHF NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /