Kick dhcpd in base ? [was: Re: OpenBSD dhclient]

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Mar 20 03:55:34 PDT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008 Matthias Schmidt wrote:
> * Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >     Ok then, go ahead and replace it in HEAD.
>
> The import of the OpenBSD dhclient will break world for now.  Replacing
> the dhcp client will break building usr.sbin/dhcp, because needed files
> are gone.  My question now: is it worth to fix usr.sbin/dhcp or
> should we kick it from the base?

Bring in dhcpd from OpenBSD. Quite nice small thing with privilege
separation, pf(4) integration etc which should be enough for most of
dhcpd users. It's not completely safe path though - AFAIK it's based on
isc dhcpd 2, so there are certainly some features missing.

--
Hasso Tepper
Elion Enterprises Ltd. [AS3249]