dispatch tcp_close to the correct CPU to run

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Feb 6 10:12:31 PST 2008

:Hi all,
:
:In tcp_timer_2msl() we need to dispatch tcp_close() to the correct CPU
:instead of calling it directly:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sephe/tcp_timer.c.diff
:
:Best Regards,
:sephe

    It should already be on the correct cpu since the callout API is
    all cpu localized.  The only other entry point is via the pru_*
    dispatch but I'm pretty sure that is cpu localized via
    kern/uipc_msg.c.

    If you haven't already, I recommend we assert that it is on the
    correct cpu rather then route it to the correct cpu (which it
    should already be on).

    However, even though it will be on the correct cpu there could be
    a threading issue... it won't be in the same thread as the tcp
    protocol thread.  The threads are not preemptive but the could
    still be a problem.

					<dillon at backplane.com>